Visa & Residence Permit


Student Visa must be obtained from a Turkish Consulate, which is the nearest one to your place of residence. Student Visa is not possible to be obtained within Turkey. You must take your "Acceptance Letter" taken from Iğdır University and apply the Turkish Consulate with the other necessary documents

Please note that it may take up to get the visa. You may find the detailed information about the Visa Procedure on 


All International Students in Turkey, regardless of their status, must register and obtain a Residence Permit (İkamet Belgesi) from Office for Foreigners (Yabancılar Şube). That means after your arrival when your are sure about the permanent address, you need to apply for a Residence Permit. According to Turkish Government Regulations, residence permit application should be submitted within one month of your arrival.

Please note that if you fail to depart Turkey by the expiration date on the residence permit document, you will have to pay a penalty.

These are the documents required by Office for Foreigners (Yabancılar Şubesi):

1- Copy of your Acceptance Letter

2- Student identity paper. (Given by Student Affairs Office of your faculty at Iğdır University, after registration)

3- 4 Photos (passport size)

4- Copy of the first and the last pages of your passport.

5- Your permanent address in Kars.

6- Fee for resident permit.